Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s this wine? (how good is your Bulgarian?)
A work colleague use to bring back a gift of wine from his annual holidays. A few years ago he brought this back from Bulgaria, which I uncovered today pulling out a Slovenian wine for tonight. I assume it’s some form of communion wine: 16% alcohol, 160g/l, NV & religious icon label.Kagor Blagovest is a Moldovan Red Dessert wine that is ruby red in appearance. This wine taste light and fresh with nice earthy tones. Natural grape special dessert red wine. Made from selected grapes of the sort Cabernet-Sauvignon.
My Cyrillic isn’t great but I think the back label is promising an aroma of cassis. It then looks like it is recommending this beverage for “consummation with fruit-based desserts, coffee or tea”. Actually maybe that word means consumption.
(04-15-2019, 06:17 PM)shadowbrain Wrote: My Cyrillic isn’t great but I think the back label is promising an aroma of cassis. It then looks like it is recommending this beverage for “consummation with fruit-based desserts, coffee or tea”. Actually maybe that word means consumption.

I did wonder about Moldova, having Googled Karop, though Black Sea Gold appears to be Bulgarian. Not sure if I can pluck up courage to open. My mate has brought back various wines or merit, but I think he was sold a pup with regards this one.
David it was a coincidence I spotted both these wines. I was hunting through the random wine shelf for something to accompany spag bol, this evening.
The Slovenian we will open is Izbrani Teran Vinakras '14. I believe this is 100% Refosco. It won a silver medal at IWC & Decanter. Cool I would like to claim credit for my perspicacity, but it was another gift.
(04-15-2019, 06:17 PM)matcherelves Wrote: David it was a coincidence I spotted both these wines. I was hunting through the random wine shelf for something to accompany spag bol, this evening.
The Slovenian we will open is Izbrani Teran Vinakras '14. I believe this is 100% Refosco. It won a silver medal at IWC & Decanter. Cool I would like to claim credit for my perspicacity, but it was another gift.

I remember when Bulgarian wines from Soviet Union days were inexpensive, if not downright cheap, and were quite good across the range - cabernet, melnik, gamza, chardonnay, hemus, etc. Once, an overlooked 1981 Sophia Cabernet made a good account of itself a decade later. I'm sure there must be some good ones out there now because I do know that Moldova makes a good cabernet in the form of Negru Purcari.
Ever tried tasting happiness? Have a sip of wine and there it checks out of the list. we have a tendency to all should agree that generally a glass of wine is simply necessary. Whenever you're feeling ambiguous concerning the correct place to search out the right wine that may satiate your cravings, trust nobody however the simplest. The Vinesse is that the place for you once you desire having some unclear wine to require the sting off. this can be the place wherever they guarantee satisfaction once it involves soda water.

Perfect Meal Pairings