Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the average credit score and how can you improve yours?
Lenders look to several different credit scores when sizing up potential customers, but the FICO score and the VantageScore are perhaps the 2 best known.

[Image: how-to-improve-credit-score1.jpg]
actually if the Bank ignore your requests you can also contact the credit reporting agency, and complain about the banks inaction. .However they will not action if you contact them first.
(04-16-2019, 01:34 AM)shadowbrain Wrote: actually if the Bank ignore your requests you can also contact the credit reporting agency, and complain about the banks inaction. .However they will not action if you contact them first.

In the meantime, I was hoping to apply for an amex with the current bonus offer which expires 31st. But I'm concerned based on the error records on my credit file will result in the application being declined, which then again damages my credit history given... and I'm stuck in a cycle or credit damage based on errors.
It depends on how long ago. A person looking at the credit enquiries would realise its an obvious data error, the computer I dont know (nobody does, they are self learning assessment systems) If you want to know more details please visit here Credit Score
(04-16-2019, 01:35 AM)matcherelves Wrote: It depends on how long ago. A person looking at the credit enquiries would realise its an obvious data error, the computer I dont know (nobody does, they are self learning assessment systems)

Each credit card application will drop the score by 20-100 points, depending on the provider (Amex tends to cause a larger hit than other providers). But the score generally moves back up, or starts to, within 30-60 days.
a persons 'credit worthiness' is not reduced just because someone applies for credit. There are other factors they are using to build this score apart from the number of enquiries like time at current/previous employer/address. Its very likely that a credit enquiry would increase someones score if some time has passed since the last one and it hows employment and reseidential continues to be stable.