Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error file while parsing example projects
I am a complete beginner in Qt. I installed Qt 5.9.3 with Qt Creator 4.4.1 (via an Qt online installer), but had trouble opening any of the example projects listed on Qt Welcome >> Example page. I searched online and through Qt Forum, but was unable to figure out what I did wrong.
By the way, I use a Windows 10 desktop computer. When installing Qt, I checked the component MinGW 5.9.3 32 bit, the Source component, the Qt Charts, and the Qt Data Visulization components; however, I did not check any other components that were related to MSVC or Android, because I wanted to focus on Windows desktop development first.
(05-14-2019, 05:54 PM)stuckafar Wrote: By the way, I use a Windows 10 desktop computer. When installing Qt, I checked the component MinGW 5.9.3 32 bit, the Source component, the Qt Charts, and the Qt Data Visulization components; however, I did not check any other components that were related to MSVC or Android, because I wanted to focus on Windows desktop development first.

In the Kits tab, MinGW is the only Kit that is available. And I think I have configured this Kit properly, as I am able to create simple Qt projects with success. However, my environmental settings somehow do not allow me to parse any of the Qt built-in example projects properly.
I think you are right about the .user file. When I was trying to open a Qt built-in example project (for example, Basic Layouts Example), it did not ask me for a compiler at all. It simple showed me an error message, as shown in a snapshot image above.
(05-14-2019, 05:56 PM)shadowbrain Wrote: I think you are right about the .user file. When I was trying to open a Qt built-in example project (for example, Basic Layouts Example), it did not ask me for a compiler at all. It simple showed me an error message, as shown in a snapshot image above.

Following your advice, I looked into the files that were stored in this example project. I found that there was no .user file at all. All I have is the basiclayouts.pro, main.cpp, dialog.cpp, and dialog.h. I think this may be a good starting point to solve this problem.